FRIENDS OF PRAIRIE PLACES
PND is proud to have the support of over 200 Friends state and nationwide. If you care about our prairie places, become a member today! Membership benefits include:
- Prairie Places, PND's quarterly newsletter
- Prairie Places Listserv, preservation news
- Discounts on PND products and services
Our appreciation for sponsoring members of PND is recognized on our website and in our quarterly newsletter.
Preservation North Dakota & Ward County Historical Society volunteers began preservation work on the Sundre Log Cabin at WCHS in Minot, ND on Saturday, April 14, 2012. The cabin was damaged during last year's flood.
- Documented condition with cameras and video
- Checked logs for interior moisture
- Checked the current condition of the chinking and daubing
- Made additional recommendations on preservation
- Documented the site, post cleaning
For more information, contact Susan Quinnell at email@example.com or 701-226-5359.
Download the full project report here.
Local affiliates program
The Local Affiliate Program was established to help people save places that matter in their communities. Through the program, PND coordinators and community members create a local historic preservation organization, hold their first official meeting, and complete state and federal paperwork to become an official nonprofit entity. This paperwork includes, but is not limited to:
- IRS Form SS-4 - Application for Employer Identification Number
- ND Nonprofit Corporation Articles of Incorporation*
- ND Charitable Organization Registration Statement*
- PND Affiliate Bylaws
- PND Affiliate Agreement
- PND Policy Statement
- PND Activity Resolution (Fundraising)
- PND Activity Resolution (Donor Advised Funds)
*Papers filed with the Secretary of State's office carry standard fees determined by that office.
Annual membership in the Local Affiliate Program is determined by the size of the Affiliate's board of directors - $10 per director, per year or $50 per organization, per year, whichever is less. Memberships are renewed each year in February.
Organizational membership benefits include:
- 501(c)(3) status as part of PND's IRS Group Exemption
- Fundraising, marketing, grant writing, and technical advice and assistance
- Preservation advocacy at the local, state, and national levels
Individual membership benefits for Affiliate directors include:
- Prairie Places, PND's quarterly membership newsletter
- PrairiePlaces Listserv, an email listserv for news and announcements
- Discounts on workshops, annual conference, and other events
Creating an affiliate is a long-term commitment made by both PND and local community members. Many Affiliates have taken on preservation, restoration, or rehabilitation projects in their local communities, where they have raised thousands of dollars in cash donations, grant funding, and in-kind donations. Affiliates are encouraged to apply for funding through the Grassroots Grant Fund at PND, and to participate in the annual North Dakota Historic Preservation Conference.
PND has strong partnerships with other state and national entities, from which members of the Local Affiliate Program also benefit. PND is a statewide partner of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, a member of the North Dakota Association of Nonprofit Organizations, and works closely with the State Historical Society of North Dakota.