- Preservation Briefs-National Park Service
Preservation Briefs provide guidance on preserving, rehabilitating and restoring historic buildings.
- Technical Preservation Services Publications-National Park Service
State-of-the-art information about responsible methods of caring for historic buildings.
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties
Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings.
- Preservation Books-National Trust for Historic Preservation
Every aspect of historic preservation, from economic benefits to cleaning and care of historic homes to fundraising tips.
- ND State Historic Preservation Office
Tax Incentives, National Register of Historic Places Guidelines, Grant Information.
Researching Historic Properties
- State Historical Society of North Dakota
- North Dakota Institute for Regional Studies & University Archives-NDSU
- Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections-UND
- ND State Library
- ND County Recorders
For records of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale, security agreement, judgement, decree, lien, certificate of sale, and other instruments required to be filed or recorded in proper books.
- ND Historical Organizations
Local & County Historical Societies, Museums, & Historic Sites.